This is my personal blog. Besides this blog, I also ran GettingStatus, a travel blog that started me down the path of writing and publishing (now discontinued).
I am a veteran of the tech industry who has been architecting and delivering leading-edge solutions since 1994. My experience includes delivering solutions around directory services and messaging platforms at Microsoft and developing support resources for both the launch of the iPhone and cross-platform enterprise integration at Apple. After a successful IPO with MobileIron, I now run my own consulting practice focused on the business side of mobile technology: Talkative Technology, LLC.
Outside of MobileIron, I am a 19-year active-duty paramedic with Harris County Emergency Corps, a high-volume/high-acuity urban EMS system in the Houston, Texas area.
I hold a Master’s Degree in Management and Leadership from Tarleton State University and am acknowledged in the credits of the Apple Training Series certification guides for OS X Server, Directory Services and Mobility/Security.
I shoot competitively, meaning I shoot in local, regional and state-level handgun competitions.
My Current Classifications
- USPSA: Single Stack (C)
- USPSA: Production (unclassified – pending)
- SCSA: Rimfire Open (unclassified – pending)
- IDPA: Stock Service Pistol (unclassified – pending)
Upcoming Major Matches
- June – USPSA: STI Double-Tap Championship (Wichita Falls, TX)
- June – USPSA: LSI Texas Open Championship (Houston, TX)
- August – USPSA: 2016 Red Dirt Rumble/OK State Championship (Oklahoma City, OK)
- September – USPSA: Oilfield Classic (Houston, TX)
- September – USPSA: Area 4 Championship (Houston, TX)
You can often find me at one of the following matches:
- SCSA: Austin Rifle Club (Tuesday nights, some Saturdays)
- USPSA: Austin Rifle Club/Austin Practical Shooting Club (Austin), Shiloh Tactical Shooters (Houston) , Chicken Ranch Shooters (LaGrange)
- IDPA: Texas Tactical (Bulverde/Austin)
Amazon Affiliate Information
This blog/website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.